The University of Melbourne was one of the founding partners of the Australian Research Council’s Centre for Quantum Computing and has been a core partner of CQC²T since it was established in 2003.
The team at The University of Melbourne includes two Program Managers – Deputy Director of CQC²T, Prof Lloyd Hollenberg and Prof David Jamieson. The University of Melbourne hosts two programs in the Centre of Excellence: Quantum Processor Development Program led by Prof Lloyd Hollenberg and Directed Ion Implantation Program led by Prof David Jamieson.
Situated in the David Caro Building of the University of Melbourne, The Melbourne Node of CQC²T has extensive laboratory facilities include a cleanroom complex housing the deterministic ion beam facility, a materials processing and fabrication laboratory and a laboratory for quantum sensing with facilities for confocal microscopy.
- Prof. Lloyd C.L. HollenbergDeputy Director, Executive Team. Program ManagerUniversity of Melbourne
- Prof. David N. JamiesonProgram ManagerUniversity of Melbourne
- Stephen GregoryTechnical Services ManagerUniversity of Melbourne
- Dr. Alexander Malwin JakobResearch FellowUniversity of Melbourne
- Dr. Shao Qi LimResearch FellowUniversity of Melbourne
- A. Prof. Jeff McCallumSenior Research FellowUniversity of Melbourne
- Mr. Roland SzymanskiTechnical Services ManagerUniversity of Melbourne
- Dr. Muhammad UsmanUniversity of Melbourne
- Quinlan ArnoldMasters StudentUniversity of Melbourne
- Nicholas CollinsPhD StudentUniversity of Melbourne
- Spiro GicevPhD StudentUniversity of Melbourne
- Alexander HealeyPhD StudentUniversity of Melbourne
- Christopher LewPhD StudentUniversity of Melbourne
- Simon RobsonPhD StudentUniversity of Melbourne
- Malini ChandrakumarUniversity of Melbourne
- Rose CooneyUniversity of Melbourne