- Quantum Communication
- Optical Quantum Computation
- Silicon Quantum Computation
- Quantum Resources & Integration
- University of New South Wales
- University of Melbourne
- Australian National University
- Griffith University
- University of Queensland
- UNSW Canberra at ADFA
- Contact Us
Prof Glenn Wightwick
Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research) University of Technology Sydney
As Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Vice-President (Research), Professor Wightwick has responsibility for research policy development and general oversight of the University's research activities, postgraduate education, industry liaison, intellectual property and commercialisation.
• The development and implementation of a research strategy which fulfils the UTS vision to be a world leading University of Technology. In particular oversee UTS’s strategic research investments, research performance and ensuring excellence through skill building and support of research and academic staff.
Prior to his appointment at UTS in August 2014, Professor Wightwick was Director, IBM Research — Australia and IBM Australia Chief Technologist. He brings global experience from his role at IBM, having led teams in the US and China, worked on IBM’s global technical strategy and established a world-leading research laboratory here in Australia.
Professor Wightwick is recognised as a leader in developing Australia's ICT industrial R&D base and a significant contributor to innovation across the nation. He has a distinguished research track record, not only in terms of publications, but also in patents and commercialisation.
A Fellow of the Australian Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering, Professor Wightwick has also served on the ARC College of Experts and has led national bodies and committees such as the NSW Digital Economy Industry Taskforce.